Saturday, May 28, 2016

Lord Stirling's News Blog EUROPE


  EUROPE


 
  


  Lord Stirling's News Blog EUROPE



Holy Shroud of Turin
  Powerful prayer to St. Michael the Archangel - video ~ link
ORTHODOX CHERUBIM HYMN - video  ~ link  
AVE MARIA by Perry Como - video ~ link 
 

Pray for Peace





On the Road to the Third World War



 
234587238_640
Armageddon also means that the Second Coming of Christ is near







This is Memorial Day Weekend in America.  It is the beginning of our summer season that runs until Labor Day Weekend in early September.  It is also a day when we honor our war dead and our dead in general.  I have a couple of local (Evansville, Indiana) articles ~ link ~ link ~ that reflect a Midwest view of how we look back, for my non-US readers.  I am reminded of when I was a freshman in college, at the University of Evansville.  I was a member of the USAF ROTC and we were required to attend a certain basketball game in uniform with date.  That evening, just before the game, my date and I stopped at a local funeral home to see someone we both knew, a friend of mine who was a US Marine who had been killed in the Vietnam War.  I will never forget waking into the funeral home, the large room was full of middle aged people who were talking quietly. When I entered (I was a young man in military uniform), the room suddenly became totally silent.  I walked up to the casket, which was open (the USMC morticians did a great job, however, my friend Jeff B. was killed by a land mine that the Marine in front of him stepped on, and the lips were fake but you had to know him to be able to tell this), I looked at my dead friend, only 18 years old, and realized that his death was senseless.  That we were not fighting that war to win, that it was simply an evil boondoggle for the military industrial complex and the bankers.  I became an anti-war activists after this and never regretted it.  Tim Earl of Stirling  




No comments: