- East Ukraine rebels are going out of their way to show their interest in peace even as they have never been militarily stronger
- This is done so that when the inevitable Ukraine attack demanded by nationalists and the US comes it will be impossible to blame the rebels
- After that the rebels stand a good chance of neutralizing Ukraine attack and moving on the counter-offensive
- At which point it is unlikely Poroshenko will be able to maintain power
- Question is, is he likely to be replaced by a pro-peace or an even more pro-war faction?
However, on the Greek mainland, refugees at the moment also have little prospect of improvement: The Greek Orthodox Church considers itself unable to cope with them in addition to the problems of their own people. German Economic News is informed that some monasteries have three times as many people to feed than free meals available to feed them. The problem for the monasteries is that they are the first to feel the financial restrictions. Cash is scarce because of the 60-euro limit for withdrawals — therefore in Greece, charities that were always very generous must now set strict priorities. They need the cash for their own families. Social services suffer a noticeable decline in donations, due to the economic crisis.
USA is determined to keep Israel the 'Top Mideast Power' says Defense Secretary ~ link ~
Carter also pledged that the US Defense Department would maintain “our robust force posture that lets us rapidly surge an overwhelming array of forces from the United States and all over the world to help defend Israel if needed.”
But first –– and this is where you're allowed to truly get excited –– SURVICE and Malloy will release a commercial version within the next three to five years. While the unit is currently in early development, it's estimated that the final product will be able to carry up to 250 pounds and travel for about 45 minutes.
Greece's Parliament Cannot Override the NO Vote - Hence the Agreement with the Creditors is Illegal ~ link ~
It is important at this stage that the Greek people question the legality of the parliamentary decision. It is worth noting that the Supreme Special Court (Ανώτατο Ειδικό Δικαστήριο) endorsed the holding of the Referendum.
What must now be established is the constitutionality of the parliament’s denial of the Referendum procedure and its de facto endorsement of the YES Vote. That decision has to be challenged. And this must be done before a final binding agreement with the creditors is reached.
New Planned Parenthood video show doctor haggling over prices for aborted fetuses ~ link ~
Hawking/Milner $100 million search for alien life has 1% chance of making contact ~ link ~
- Breakthrough Initiative will scour one million of the closest stars to Earth
- It will use two powerful radio telescopes to listen for alien transmissions
- A third telescope will search for faint laser signals from other worlds
- The project will cover 10 times more sky and be 50 times more sensitive than previous attempts to search for intelligent extraterrestrial life