AVE MARIA - by Helene Fischer - video ~ link
1,988 daily postings to this news blog as of today
Links of importance:
Latest Satellite Sea Surface Temperature for North Atlantic - Loop Current - Gulf Stream ~ link
True Believer Album by Jeff DeVillez (iTunes) ~ link ~ also see this ~ link ~ Also see: Songs from Jeff DeVillez ~ link
War on Iran & Syria: What They Are NOT Telling Us ~ link
Dark Blue background with white lettering = Scottish story
Mid Blue with white lettering = Aviation story
- SYRIAN ACT 'WON'T GO UNPUNISHED,' TURKEY'S ARINC SAYS
- SYRIAN ACT 'HOSTILE,' 'COLD-BLOODED,' ARINC SAYS
- SYRIA SHOT DOWN TURKISH JET WITHOUT WARNING, NULAND SAYS
- TURKEY INVOKED ARTICLES 4 & 5 FOR NATO MEETING, ARINC SAYS
- TURKEY TO PROCEED AGAINST SYRIA USING LEGAL RIGHTS, ARINC SAYS
- TURKISH JET SHOT DOWN IN INTERNATIONAL AIRSPACE, ARINC SAYS
- TURKISH JET 'MISTAKENLY' ENTERED SYRIAN AIRSPACE, ARINC SAYS
- TURKISH JET WAS IN SYRIAN AIRSPACE ONLY 5 MINUTES, ARINC SAYS
- Turkish deputy PM says Syria has also fired on a Turkish search-and-rescue plane -AP
What if it wasn't "radar" they were testing, but the controls of a droned-up spy plane? What if they were actually trying to create an incident that would generate calls for a NATO "liberation" - like in Libya?
The Alaed cargo vessel dropped anchor at the main base of Russia's Northern Fleet near the city of Murmansk on Sunday after being forced to turn back when its British insurer dropped coverage on learning of the mission's true intent.
The Alaed has raised the Russian flag after sailing under the colours of the tiny Caribbean island nation of Curacao for apparent tax reasons, the Interfax news agency reported.
The report is likely to reignite international criticism of Russia's arms deliveries to Syria which U.S. officials have called reprehensible and the Arab League has said should be stopped.
Fourth, the painful reality is that Turkey's most ardent allies in the present situation, who have encouraged Ankara on the path of intervention in Syria, are of absolutely no use today - Saudi Arabia and Qatar. They are nowhere in a position to engage Syria militarily. Turkey, in short, is left all by itself to hit back at Syria.
This is likely because one side – particularly the West – came to the table with unreasonable expectations which reflect the wishes of extremist, delusional Israeli politicians who have expressed concerns over the nuclear talks blocking Israel’s ability to conduct a unilateral strike. It is worth restating that Iran does not have nuclear weapons and is not even pursuing them as stated by none other than U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta (twice), Israeli military chief Benny Gantz, and the U.S. intelligence community, to name a few.